Closing Whittlesey recycling centre will demoralise community and cause more flytipping
I read with interest your article about the possible closure of the recycling centre at Whittlesey.
I have to say I sometimes wonder if these people are on the same planet as us.
I think that these proposals are a recipe for disaster, as they would only encourage more flytipping.
In my area (Whittlesey), we have developed a volunteer force over the past few years, (Whittlesey Street Pride) who do a sterling job clearing litter etc, and generally improving the local environment for us all to enjoy.
Closing the local recycling centre would have a demoralising effect as the inevitable increase in flytipping would be like a slap in the face to these people and raises the question does Fenland District Council really care.
You may also want to watch:
I appreciate that we have to make savings in these times of austerity, but I am sure that there must be other areas that can be reviewed, eg salaries of the chief executive and the other people that dwell in ivory towers for example.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government