Closure of Kingswood Park is terrible waste of much-needed home
NOW that Kingswood Park in March has closed, a few words on what is a terrible waste of a much-needed home.
On my last shift I went into every bedroom (cleared of all furniture) and every room brought a smile to my face as each room had a story to tell.
I realised the residents gave us a reason to keep going, we loved looking after them, it was a great home and we were a great team.
I was glad to hear our residents are now settling well in their new homes but it is still a tragedy it had to close.
The most awful part was when we walked residents up the corridor to go to their new homes with tears running down their cheeks. They could not understand why they had to leave.
You may also want to watch:
Knight’s End Road
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?