Club legends, classic vehicles and cake stalls: Wisbech Town set for ‘Goalbound’ fun day
WISBECH Town’s legends will blow the dust off their football boots for a run-out at the club’s ‘Goalbound’ fun day on Sunday.
The event, held for the first time last year, takes place in memory of Denis Harris, who was a loyal Fenmen fan.
Organiser John Keith said: “Denis was a long-standing supporter of the club and he used to write some amazing match reports.
“He would post them on the forum under the name ‘Goalbound’ - hence the name of the fun day.”
The event’s main attraction is a match between the Fenmen legends and a team of the club’s supporters.
You may also want to watch:
But stalls, attractions and bouncy castles are also set to fill the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, in Lynn Road.
There will be face-painters, a raffle, music and, weather permitting, a static display of classic vehicles by Wisbech & District Historic Vehicle Club.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
Young footballers from Wisbech Town Acorns will also hold a cake stall.
Mr Keith said: “The whole day is looking really good. Last year we were all surprised at how many people came along. I should think there was 1,000 people - and this time we want double.”
The event begins at noon and entry is free. All money raised will go to the supporters’ club, which makes donations to Wisbech Town.
For more information, or to take part, contact Mr Keith on 01945 461354.