March Sports Association clubhouse plans boosted by generous donation
- Credit: Archant
March Sports Association’s plans to build a new clubhouse for its clubs have been boosted after winning a £1,000 donation.
The donation comes as part of Taylor Wimpey East Anglia’s month-long campaign to encourage Cambridgeshire residents to put forward nominations for a local group, organisation or individual of their choice.
With the funding, the association now hopes to build clubhouses for March Athletic Club, March Bears Rugby Club and March Park Youth Rangers Football Club.
Megan Fey, funding officer at March Sports Association: “We really wanted to provide our members with a new clubhouse, but this may not have been possible without the donation.
“We hope that this new build will help us to engage with the local community more regularly and improve opportunities for participation in sports and physical activity throughout March and surrounding areas.”
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Carter, sales and marketing director at Taylor Wimpey East Anglia, said: “We are delighted to announce that March Sports Association are the winners of our competition and will receive our support in their endeavours to improve local sporting facilities.
“The campaign has brought to light how many good causes there are in the area and now, more than ever, we want to offer our support and help them with the important work they continue to do.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend