Hit and run Ford driver left Whittlesey victim’s car extensively damaged - can you help find out who it was?
- Credit: Archant
A car was extensively damaged in Whittlesey early on Saturday morning – and the other vehicle fled.
The owner’s mother has appealed for any witnesses or anyone with information about the other driver to come forward.
“My daughter’s car was involved in a hit and run accident on Saturday at 8am in Bassenhally Road, Whittlesey,” she said.
“The car is a blue Ford Focus and was seen leaving Whittlesey and travelling along the Peterborough Road towards Peterborough shortly after the accident with considerable front damage.”
She added: “We would like to appeal for anyone who knows where the car is or knows the driver of the vehicle to contact the police.
You may also want to watch:
“Or if anyone has any dash cam or CCTV footage to contact the police using the crime reference Rtc/35/fc7t/2292018.”
The owner of the car left damaged outside her home said; “So at 8 o’clock this I heard a massive bang and looked out of my window to see my car smashed into and the person had kindly driven off.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“I didn’t catch the car or registration number so if anyone hears or sees anything please let me know. - we are looking for a blue Ford as the bits that came off their car showed the colour and make.”
A neighbour said; “I went passed and saw it the damaged car. I drove past at about 7.40am and it was like that.”
He added; “I hope they find who did it.”