Co-operative store in Wisbech evacuated as smoke spotted coming from freezer.

THE Co-operative store in Churchill Road at Wisbech was evacuated this afternoon after smoke was seen coming from a shop floor freezer.

Two fire crews from Wisbech and one from March attended the incident at 2.50pm.

A spokesman from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said no fire fighting equipment had been used, and fire fighters had dismantled the freezer to investigate the source of the problem.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter