Coates Athletic given £50,000 grant to build new changing rooms
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland football club is celebrating after receiving a £50,000 boost.
Coates Athletic have been awarded a grant of £50,000 by the Premier League and The FA Facilities Fund, which will be spent on building new changing rooms.
Since 2000, the foundation has spent more than £1 billion supporting 12,000 grassroots projects.
Coates is the third Fenland sports club in the space of a few months to receive a vital cash injection.
Wisbech Lawn Tennis Club has received a £50,000 National Lottery grant to provide floodlit all-weather courts and March Amateur Boxing Club was given £1,000 to spend on new equipment by boxing charity Central Society and Recreational Trust.
You may also want to watch:
North East Cambs MP Steve Barclay said: “I am delighted that Coates Athletic has been awarded £50,000 for new changing rooms by the Premier League and FA Facilities Fund.
“The campaign for fairer sports funding in North East Cambridgeshire continues to gain momentum.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage