Coates Village Show returns in July
- Credit: Archant
The annual Coates Village Show returns in July, with a range of categories to enter, stalls and activities for all ages.
The show has two main events; the first is a show competition, where entrants can put forward a range of products and crafts for judging with the goal of being crowned ‘overall winner’.
The other event is a fun afternoon for all the family with lots of activities.
Like in previous years, the competition will have categories for vegetables, fruit and salad, flowers and plants, cookery, photography, handicraft and farming, as well as categories specifically for children.
Entry to the competition is open to everyone living in the Team Parish area, including Whttlesey, Ponders Bridge, Eastrea, Coates, Turves and surrounding farms and smallholdings, as well as any students that go to the schools in this area, no matter where they live.
You may also want to watch:
Schedules and entry forms, priced at 50p each, will be available in local shops and pubs from early June. They can also be downloaded for free from foht.wpcteam.org.uk
In the afternoon, starting at 1pm, there will be a range of activities in the grounds of Holy Trinity, including a sweet tombola, raffles, stalls and games - and a chance to see the produce and crafts that have been entered into the show.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
The 2016 Coates Village Show will be held on July 16 at Holy Trinity, Coates.
The closing date for entries is 12 noon on July 14.