Coates Village Show returns in July
- Credit: Archant
The annual Coates Village Show returns in July, with a range of categories to enter, stalls and activities for all ages.
The show has two main events; the first is a show competition, where entrants can put forward a range of products and crafts for judging with the goal of being crowned ‘overall winner’.
The other event is a fun afternoon for all the family with lots of activities.
Like in previous years, the competition will have categories for vegetables, fruit and salad, flowers and plants, cookery, photography, handicraft and farming, as well as categories specifically for children.
Entry to the competition is open to everyone living in the Team Parish area, including Whttlesey, Ponders Bridge, Eastrea, Coates, Turves and surrounding farms and smallholdings, as well as any students that go to the schools in this area, no matter where they live.
You may also want to watch:
Schedules and entry forms, priced at 50p each, will be available in local shops and pubs from early June. They can also be downloaded for free from foht.wpcteam.org.uk
In the afternoon, starting at 1pm, there will be a range of activities in the grounds of Holy Trinity, including a sweet tombola, raffles, stalls and games - and a chance to see the produce and crafts that have been entered into the show.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
The 2016 Coates Village Show will be held on July 16 at Holy Trinity, Coates.
The closing date for entries is 12 noon on July 14.