Coffee morning raises �500 to help restore fire-ravaged Fenland village hall
MORE than �500 was raised at a coffee morning on Saturday as efforts to restore a fire-ravaged Fenland village hall continue.
Rita and Arthur Cuss, of Townsend Road, Upwell, held the event at their house to help raise funds towards the restoration of Three Holes Village Hall.
The building has been closed since April after arsonists broke in and torched the community venue.
Mrs Cuss, secretary of the village hall committee, said: “We were really surprised, and delighted, that around 60 people attended our event.
“The village hall means a lot to the community because many people have had their wedding receptions there and its always been well used. People still feel upset about what has happened and are anxious for it to be reopened as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“On behalf of the whole committee I’d like to thank everybody for coming - their support and donations are always appreciated.”
Mrs Cuss said she hoped the hall could be in use by the end of the year.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault