Cancer support group marks 50th anniversary with coffee morning in March
- Credit: Archant
A coffee morning will be held to mark 50 years of fundraising by the March, Chatteris and District Fundraising Committee for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The group has worked tirelessly over the years to raise vital funds to support people affected by cancer in Cambridgeshire.
The commemorative coffee morning will be held on April 13 between 10am and 2pm at St Peter’s Church Hall, in March, to thank those who have supported them over the years.
In 2017, the committee raised a total of £29,378 through events such as lunches, raffles, cake sales and collections.
The team are encouraging anyone who has supported them over the years to drop in for a slice of cake and catch up over a cuppa.
You may also want to watch:
A 5k walk is also set to take place on April 29.
Please contact the team directly if you would like further information or to get involved on 07961 507515 or MarchMacmillanCommittee@yahoo.co.uk.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder