Coldplay dancer runs Thomas Clarkson Academy workshops
- Credit: Archant
A professional dancer who has appeared in a Coldplay video and a BBC dance talent show has passed on her skills to students.
Yuki Masui from the Cathy Waller Company spent three days at Thomas Clarkson Academy, Wisbech, leading dance workshops with GCSE and BTEC students.
The students were taught classic Street and Hip Hop moves and choreographed sequences.
Year 10 dance students will use what they were taught to create a piece for the academy’s annual dance show in April.
Dance teacher Angela King said: “The students have really enjoyed it and the Year 10 students will be developing what Yuki has taught them to create a piece for our annual dance show.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Masui, who was one of the dancers in the Coldplay Charlie Brown video and appeared in the BBC One show ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, has been a dancer since she was 16.
She will be touring with the London based Cathy Waller Company this summer.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder