College of West Anglia holding skills event in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
THE College of West Anglia is holding a skills event for adults in Chatteris tomorrow which will showcase the diverse range of courses they offer,
The “Get Learning” event is aimed at anyone from the Chatteris area wishing to improve or obtain new skills.
Visitors can find out about some of the new courses on offer, from Bee Keeping to Garden Design and Yoga as well as more traditional subjects such as languages, Maths, English and IT qualifications.
Some of the new tutors and many leading community figures will be present.
There will also be an informal session for anyone wanting to become a tutor between 11am and 12noon.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Learning, Councillor David Harty said: “This event is about the council listening to local people to find out what they really want from adult learning in Chatteris.
“Access to learning is important for every community - it can help with skills, employability and provides a real opportunity to meet new people.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
“In order to offer new courses in Chatteris and in Fenland we need to recruit more tutors so if you have a skill or some knowledge that you would like to share with others we’d love to hear from you. “
The College of West Anglia and Cambridgeshire County Council are developing a new programme of courses in response to concerns raised about community education on community website www.shapeyourplace.org
Those in attendance could win a £30 voucher if they fill in a survey at the event.
Residents can also share their views via an online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/7D3GH3B.
The event will be held at Emmanuel Church, Chatteris from 10am-1pm.
For more information, contact Richard Walpole on 01945 582561 ext 8724 or e-mail email@example.com