College of West Anglia holds taster day to inspire next generation of construction workers
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH students have been given an insight into the construction industry at a special taster day.
Students from the College of West Anglia attended apprenticeship taster sessions run by CITB-ConstructionSkills, the Industry Training Body and Sector Skills Council for the construction industry.
They learnt about construction apprenticeships, took part in practical workshops and tried their hands at mini mock interviews.
They also participated in a ‘speed dating’ carousel, where students had the chance to discuss opportunities, scholarships, work experience and general career progression with the employers.
Lesley Wright, a CITB-ConstructionSkills careers advisor, said: “The event was a great success. It really gave these young people some food for thought about their future career options.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope we have inspired a new generation of construction workers who will make up the pipeline of talent coming in to the industry.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack