College of West Anglia Isle paint spraying student hoping to emulate friend with national success
- Credit: Archant
A vehicle paint-spraying student is through to the national heats of a prestigious competition.
Second year College of West Anglia Isle campus student Brad Raven, 20, of Doddington, performed so well in a WorldSkills online test he has been awarded the chance to get into the national finals.
He will now have the chance to demonstrate his practical skills at the next heat at Atherstone in Warwickshire on June 13.
Success in the practical test could lead Mr Raven to the WorldSkills at the NEC in Birmingham in November.
He will be following in the footsteps of his friend Callum Johnson, a former Isle student, who finished fourth in Worldskills and second in an Institute of the Motor Industry competition which saw him presented with his prize by Prince Michael of Kent.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be nice to beat Callum,” said Mr Raven, who, like Mr Johnson, has Bob Whalley as his lecturer.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend