College of West Anglia’s team motor to an end of season high
- Credit: Archant
Despite testing conditions, the College of West Anglia’s (CWA) motorsport team ended their racing season on a high at the weekend, at Oulton Park, Cheshire.
After a good test day on Friday in dry conditions, the CWA Motorsport team from the college’s Wisbech campus, was faced with one of the most rain-soaked race days of the season so far on Saturday.
The day was not short of its share of accidents, with wet weather making track conditions tedious and testing.
Despite this, CWA came out of race one unscathed. Their driver, Andrew Tsang, had a good start and pulled a 12.5 second lead on the next car in class until there was an accident and the safety car was deployed.
CWA lost the advantage gained on second place and needed to pit for a driver change. The team’s second driver, Chris Middleton, battled the slippery surfaces and achieved increasingly quicker lap times, shaving a second off each of the previous laps to finish second in class.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a further accident in race two, CWA put in another impressive performance on the track and once Andrew Tsang took over in heat seven, the track slowly began to dry out and the team was able to bring the car home for yet another second place in class.
John-Paul Latham, team principal, said: “All in all it was a wet but fantastic race weekend and a great end to the season.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home