Car rolls into garden as collision blocks bridge
- Credit: Archant
One of two cars involved in a collision near Boots Bridge, Manea, today landed on its side in a nearby garden.
Emergency services were called to the accident black mid-afternoon: it is not thought anyone was seriously injured.
“Emergency services are currently dealing with an RTC; the B1093 Manea Road from the traffic lights on the A141 will be closed,” said Fenland Police.
Passers-by helped the occupants of both vehicles prior to police arrived.
District councillor Charlie Marks turned up at the scene of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
He posted to a Facebook forum that “the whole road layout needs looking into. The million plus spent on the bridge has only made things in my mind.”
He added: “As councillor for Manea it’s out of my ward but I will be following this up with CCC highways again. Mind you it took over a year to get funding for two more posts to stop the give way signs blowing round.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire