Collision causes rush-hour gridlock on A142
- Credit: Archant
The A142 was closed for more than an hour this morning following an accident involving three cars between Mepal and Chatteris.
The incident occurred at about 6.45am near Mepal Outdoor Centre.
Cambridgeshire police closed the road between Brangehill Lane, in Mepal, and New Road, in Chatteris, with lengthy delays in both directions.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police were called at 6.44am with reports of a collision on the A142 at Chatteris between a Citroen Picasso, a Toyota Yaris and a Nissan Micra. The Driver of the Citroen received minor injuries.”
Recovery crews cleared the scene and the road was reopened again at about 8.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, persistent and heavy rain has seen the Sutton Gault Causeway, in Sutton, closed between the B1381 The America junction and the B1050 London Road junction.
- 1 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 9 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate