Collision causes rush-hour gridlock on A142
- Credit: Archant
The A142 was closed for more than an hour this morning following an accident involving three cars between Mepal and Chatteris.
The incident occurred at about 6.45am near Mepal Outdoor Centre.
Cambridgeshire police closed the road between Brangehill Lane, in Mepal, and New Road, in Chatteris, with lengthy delays in both directions.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police were called at 6.44am with reports of a collision on the A142 at Chatteris between a Citroen Picasso, a Toyota Yaris and a Nissan Micra. The Driver of the Citroen received minor injuries.”
Recovery crews cleared the scene and the road was reopened again at about 8.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, persistent and heavy rain has seen the Sutton Gault Causeway, in Sutton, closed between the B1381 The America junction and the B1050 London Road junction.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told