Colourful charity challenge will help a March college for adults with learning difficulties
- Credit: Archant
A crazy colour obstacle run is in store for staff at an opticians in March who have entered the challenge to raise money for a college for adults with learning difficulties.
Five staff at Specsavers will be getting soaked at the 5K Colour Rush obstacle course in Milton Keynes to raise funds for FACET college in Marwick Road.
They are gearing up for the event on June 4 when they will get doused with colour powder, dodge a rapid fire of sponge balls, run from a colour blasting crazy chaser, race on kangaroo bouncers, tumble through inflatable castles and speed down giant slides.
They will also have to brave foamy slip ‘n’ slides, walk across balance beams and make their way through water balloon mayhem.
The team consists of store manager Karin Pickles, office manager Gemma Ashby, director Ruhan Du Plooy, in-store trainer Jennifer Campbell and health care assistant Sadie Brammer.
Kris Harrold, manager of FACET, said: “Specsavers have been fantastic at helping promote us through their in store marketing and it’s a gesture that’s truly appreciated by so many.
“The colour obstacle course they are running for us is fantastic and we cannot thank them enough for taking part.”
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 8 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 9 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
To help you can donate in store or visit their just giving page JustGiving.com/Specsaversmarch or Txt SOHC83 to 70070.
What ever they raise in donations Specsavers has agreed to match it.