Colourful charity challenge will help a March college for adults with learning difficulties
- Credit: Archant
A crazy colour obstacle run is in store for staff at an opticians in March who have entered the challenge to raise money for a college for adults with learning difficulties.
Five staff at Specsavers will be getting soaked at the 5K Colour Rush obstacle course in Milton Keynes to raise funds for FACET college in Marwick Road.
They are gearing up for the event on June 4 when they will get doused with colour powder, dodge a rapid fire of sponge balls, run from a colour blasting crazy chaser, race on kangaroo bouncers, tumble through inflatable castles and speed down giant slides.
They will also have to brave foamy slip ‘n’ slides, walk across balance beams and make their way through water balloon mayhem.
The team consists of store manager Karin Pickles, office manager Gemma Ashby, director Ruhan Du Plooy, in-store trainer Jennifer Campbell and health care assistant Sadie Brammer.
You may also want to watch:
Kris Harrold, manager of FACET, said: “Specsavers have been fantastic at helping promote us through their in store marketing and it’s a gesture that’s truly appreciated by so many.
“The colour obstacle course they are running for us is fantastic and we cannot thank them enough for taking part.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
To help you can donate in store or visit their just giving page JustGiving.com/Specsaversmarch or Txt SOHC83 to 70070.
What ever they raise in donations Specsavers has agreed to match it.