Come on Eileen! Bonmarche searches for an 82-year-old Eileen to help celebrate their birthday
COME on Eileen! Ladies fashion store Bonmarche in Wisbech is searching for an 82-year-old called Eileen to help them celebrate the company’s 30th birthday and win a new outfit.
When Bonmarche started trading back in 1982, the country was celebrating the birth of Prince William, Channel 4 was launched, and Dexys Midnight Runners were dominating the charts with their smash hit “Come on Eileen,” which was number one for four weeks.
Sara Dunne, store manager of Bonmarche at Wisbech said: “We’re so excited to be celebrating 30 successful years on the high street that we really wanted to involve our customers and thank them for their loyalty.
“ I’m hoping there are lots of Eileens out there who would like to join us on this momentous occasion.”
The 82-year-old Eileens who contact the store will be invited to participate in a balloon release on Saturday August 18, and the store will pick one of the Eileens to win a Bonmarch� outfit of their choice from the new autumn / winter collection.
You may also want to watch:
The store would like to hear from the Eileens by Wednesday August 8. They can call into the High Street store, or ring on 01945 584317.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off