Come on Fenland Council, it’s time for a discounted non-swimming membership rate for Chatteris as we don’t have a pool!
Fenland District Council has the puzzling habit of closing its leisure centres on Bank Holidays – just when the public actually have their greatest opportunity for using them!
Wishing to find out the Easter opening times for the Chatteris centre, I picked up a copy of the council’s handy ‘Easter holiday activities programme’ which covers all four of its centres.
Remarkably this document neglects to mention either the regular centre opening times, nor reduced holiday opening.
Included are full-page programmes of activities for Wisbech, March and Whittlesey, but nothing for Chatteris.
For decades Chatteris subsidised the other three Fenland market towns’ leisure centres when we paid the same council tax without any fitness provision.
You may also want to watch:
Now it appears that our successful ‘dry side’ subsidises the other town’s ‘wet sides’.
Come on council – time for a discounted, non-swimming membership rate for the only town without a pool!
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
CLLR CHRIS HOWES
Town councillor, Chatteris