Comic Relief: Radio style
FEN Radio staff rustled up early morning enthusiasm for Red Nose Day by raising £200 from visitors to Wisbech Market Place. The Joe Rudd Breakfast Show decided that they would raise money for Comic Relief 2007 and Joe himself thought that the best way to
FEN Radio staff rustled up early morning enthusiasm for Red Nose Day by raising £200 from visitors to Wisbech Market Place.
The Joe Rudd Breakfast Show decided that they would raise money for Comic Relief 2007 and Joe himself thought that the best way to get noticed would be to get dressed up as Superheroes.
Richard Grant, station manager, said: " The Breakfast show crew headed out to Wisbech Market Place armed with collection buckets, and their super powers!
"Joe dressed up as Superman, and was joined by his faithful sidekick from the show, Shaun, as Wonder Woman!"
You may also want to watch:
The team were joined by weekend presenters Nigel Payne (Spiderman) and Rob Shepperson (Batman).
Richard added: "Much to Joe's surprise, whilst driving to the market place, Isle College students Ashley, Tom and Jimmy pulled up next to him, also dressed up! Enter Bananaman, Robin and Superman Returns!"
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
The show was broadcast from The Market Place and in two hours managed to raise £182.59.