Coming soon.....Fenland Big Weekender takes place over three days at Marcam Marquee, Oliver Cromwell Hotel, March
- Credit: Archant
It has been quietly under wraps – but no longer. The Fenland Big Weekender takes place over three days in July with both a contemporary and nostalgic flavour of the 60s.
Organised by the Cambs Times and Market Place ( part of the Creative People and Places programme initiated and funded by Arts Council England) the event centres in and around the Marcam marquee at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, March.
The weekend begins on Friday July 15 with live music with Cambridgeshire’s top tribute band The 6T’s. Included in the £20 a head ticket is a two course supper and the music that encapsulated the decade.
Saturday July 16 is ‘Hi De Hi Day’ in the marquee and at the hotel with a feast of family based entertainment.
There will be 60 stalls lining the hotel grounds and the ballroom whilst in the marquee events includes holiday camp pastimes and entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
We have a glamorous gran competition, knobbly knees contest and, of course, a bonny baby competition for visitors to take part in and enjoy watching.
Teas, cakes and refreshments available throughout the day – as well as a talent show featuring some of Fenland’s rising stars.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
Sunday is Big Screen cinema time with two films (yet to be announced) which will be shown in the marquee with, of course, popcorn, tea and refreshments available.
Many other events will be added as the weekend approaches – including a special competition for teenage entrepreneurs!
Creative People and Places is about more people taking the lead in choosing, creating and taking part in art experiences in the places where they live and their passion and enthusiasm for the Fenland Big Weekender will be evident.