Comment on proposed Council Tax changes
Some people who are currently exempt from paying Council Tax or have second homes or empty properties in Fenland may have to pay the tax from next April.
Fenland District Council is proposing some changes to Council Tax exemptions and charges from next April. The proposals have been put forward because the Government is changing the way local councils are funded.
The changes could affect people who currently own empty properties or second homes in the district.
The council has written to individuals who could be affected. It is seeking comments on its proposals.
Final decisions will be taken at the next full council meeting on December 20.
You may also want to watch:
For more details and to comment, visit www.fenland.gov.uk/localcounciltaxbenefit. The deadline for comments on the suggested changes to exemptions and charges is December 7.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend