Commonwealth gold medallist Louise Hazel proudly shows off her gold medal to friends
COMMONWEALTH heptathlon champion Louise Hazel proudly showed off her gold medal to friends as she enjoyed their offer of Sunday lunch yesterday afternoon.
Hazel gave the performance of her life to win gold in Delhi and is set to receive the freedom of March after her sensational victory.
However, the golden-girl found time to enjoy the company of her former schoolfriend Kerry, who she attended the Neale-Wade Community College in March with, and her entertainer father Johnny Dee.
The BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter, whose real name is John Devine, said: “Louise told us how thrilled and very excited she was about the prospect of being given the freedom of March.
“She believes one of the perks is being able to enjoy a free drink in any of the town’s pubs as well as being able to march her geese, ducks and sheep over the town bridge!”
You may also want to watch:
Dates for the ceremony are still being finalised and Hazel will become the first female, and individual, to receive the accolade.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations