Commonwealth gold medallist Louise Hazel proudly shows off her gold medal to friends
COMMONWEALTH heptathlon champion Louise Hazel proudly showed off her gold medal to friends as she enjoyed their offer of Sunday lunch yesterday afternoon.
Hazel gave the performance of her life to win gold in Delhi and is set to receive the freedom of March after her sensational victory.
However, the golden-girl found time to enjoy the company of her former schoolfriend Kerry, who she attended the Neale-Wade Community College in March with, and her entertainer father Johnny Dee.
The BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter, whose real name is John Devine, said: “Louise told us how thrilled and very excited she was about the prospect of being given the freedom of March.
“She believes one of the perks is being able to enjoy a free drink in any of the town’s pubs as well as being able to march her geese, ducks and sheep over the town bridge!”
Dates for the ceremony are still being finalised and Hazel will become the first female, and individual, to receive the accolade.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 6 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 9 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim