Commonwealth gold medallist Louise Hazel proudly shows off her gold medal to friends
COMMONWEALTH heptathlon champion Louise Hazel proudly showed off her gold medal to friends as she enjoyed their offer of Sunday lunch yesterday afternoon.
Hazel gave the performance of her life to win gold in Delhi and is set to receive the freedom of March after her sensational victory.
However, the golden-girl found time to enjoy the company of her former schoolfriend Kerry, who she attended the Neale-Wade Community College in March with, and her entertainer father Johnny Dee.
The BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter, whose real name is John Devine, said: “Louise told us how thrilled and very excited she was about the prospect of being given the freedom of March.
“She believes one of the perks is being able to enjoy a free drink in any of the town’s pubs as well as being able to march her geese, ducks and sheep over the town bridge!”
You may also want to watch:
Dates for the ceremony are still being finalised and Hazel will become the first female, and individual, to receive the accolade.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory