Community car service suffers driver shortage
CHATTERIS Community Car Scheme needs volunteer drivers and co-ordinators. Secretary Barbara Kingman said: This is not a taxi service; it is run by volunteers for the good of the community, who collect only expenses. This scheme was started 18 years ago
CHATTERIS Community Car Scheme needs volunteer drivers and co-ordinators.
Secretary Barbara Kingman said: " This is not a taxi service; it is run by volunteers for the good of the community, who collect only expenses.
"This scheme was started 18 years ago, and at this place in time the Community Car Scheme is in desperate need of telephone co-ordinators and drivers. You may be asking yourself what will I be getting from this car service? Well you could go many places such as the hairdresser's, doctor's surgery, dentist, shopping at any super market in town or in March."
The vehicles that will be used have been specially adapted to take a wheelchair with the owner in situ, in the rear there is room for a further two or three passengers. Thursdays and Fridays are the busiest days.
You may also want to watch:
If you feel you can help call Barbara Kingman on 01354 692381 or call Brian Higgs on 01354 695059 if you want to be a driver or a co-ordinator. To call the service call 07944 814156 and one of the co-ordinators will help you.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache