Community events are given a plug thanks to a new Chatteris Library noticeboard
- Credit: Archant
Keeping an eye on events coming to town will be made easier thanks to a new noticeboard that has been put up outside Chatteris Library.
The community noticeboard is among improvements made at the venue including giving the garden a facelift and installing a special rail for art exhibition displays inside.
Barry Payne, vice chair of FROLIC, the Friends of the Library in Chatteris, said: “We have spent about £1,500 over the past year on these projects.
“We have been helped by the marvellous support of local companies from Travis Perkins who gave us gravel for the garden to Skylark who gave plants and the Best of British Garden Contractors who gave their time helping us out.”
A plant sale with goods donated by Chapel Gardens at Wimblington helped raise money for Friends funds, he added.
The library is currently holding an exhibition by artist Bill Crooke.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body