Community events are given a plug thanks to a new Chatteris Library noticeboard
- Credit: Archant
Keeping an eye on events coming to town will be made easier thanks to a new noticeboard that has been put up outside Chatteris Library.
The community noticeboard is among improvements made at the venue including giving the garden a facelift and installing a special rail for art exhibition displays inside.
Barry Payne, vice chair of FROLIC, the Friends of the Library in Chatteris, said: “We have spent about £1,500 over the past year on these projects.
“We have been helped by the marvellous support of local companies from Travis Perkins who gave us gravel for the garden to Skylark who gave plants and the Best of British Garden Contractors who gave their time helping us out.”
A plant sale with goods donated by Chapel Gardens at Wimblington helped raise money for Friends funds, he added.
You may also want to watch:
The library is currently holding an exhibition by artist Bill Crooke.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'