Community pulls together to raise hundreds for the family of a young mum who died during the night
- Credit: Archant
A community has rallied together to raise nearly £2,600 for the family of a young mum of three who died during the night.
Now, an appeal has gone out to find the last £233 needed to fully fund the funeral costs for Mandy Wakefield.
A Crowdfunding site, set up on Whittlesey and District Community Facebook-page, has brought in £2,585 in memory of Mandy.
Colin Martin said: “Amount raised so far is £2,585. Colin spoke to the family yesterday the funeral bill is £2,818 so we are a little short £233.
“Can I ask all friends to donate if they can and share the post please thank you.”
You may also want to watch:
He said he set up the site after being approached for help for a young family who lost their mum during the night.
“Mandy lived on Sycamore Road. She was a beautiful caring mother who has left behind three children. Reggie aged six, Summer aged seven, and Connor 15 and her partner Sam.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
“She was the most important thing in their life.
“This family deserves a happy Christmas so please if you have any old toys or money that can help towards the funeral or just in general for them that you could donate to this family at this hard time to make their Christmas a little bit better, I would be grateful.
“I hope we call all pull together at this time.
“All donations are welcome and we will be setting up a JustGiving page as well.”
To help visit JustGiving.