Company director Allan Trevor Hammond, 76, of March, faces 11 historic sex offences including the rape of two children
- Credit: Archant
A 76-year-old March man has appeared before magistrates charged with 11 historic sex offences including the rape of two children, a boy and girl.
He has also been charged with taking indecent photographs of children and seven other offences of indecent assaults on children.
Allan Trevor Hammond, from Steeple Drive, March, who previously lived in Essex, is accused of crimes in Saffron Walden, Colchester, Enfield, Chigwell and Chingford. He appeared before Colchester magistrates on Tuesday and is due to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on February 16.
He was released on conditional bail and told not to make contact in any way with his three named, alleged victims, either directly or indirectly.
He is accused of assaults across four decades from the early 1960s.
You may also want to watch:
Hammond is a former sales representative and now a company director.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover