Competition: Win a book of the English seaside, but not just any book a very special photographic masterpiece
- Credit: Archant
OH WE do like to be beside the seaside!
No matter the weather we all love a day at the beach and now you can share your own best of British by sending us photos of your seaside days out in a competition to win a book celebrating the finest of the English coast.
Anything from kiss me quick hats to quaint Cornish fishing villages, cute kids building sandcastles or windy days wrestling with windbreakers.
Send us your seaside snaps and we will publish them in our paper with the top entry receiving a prize of a copy of a brand new book by photographer Peter Williams called The English Seaside.
The book has been 10 years in the making and comprises more than 200 pages of beautiful photos that sum up a day at the beach in a tome that will be a coffee table favourite for years to come.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Williams said of his book: “There is something about the seaside that brings out the beating heart of John Bull in the English.
“We doggedly erect our wind-breaks to capture every vestige of a watery sun, wrestling with deckchairs, wrapping up against the determined wind on the verandahs of our beach huts, accepting that sand in sandwich means just that!
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
“But we still love it and nowhere else in the world can match its myriad of charms and eccentricities.”
So whether you’ve had a wonderful day in Weymouth or Happy Hunstanton memories send us your photos and we wil pick three lucky winners to each receive a complimentary copy of the book.
Email entries to email@example.com. Please mark the email English Seaside Competition and include details of who is in the photo and a description of your seaside day out.
Don’t forget to add your name and contact telephone number.
Competition closes Friday 28 June 2013.
*The English Seaside By Peter Williams
Published by English Heritage ( Paperback, £14.99)