Congratulations to former Cambs Times copy holder after celebrating 104th birthday
READING your newspaper each week I noticed the story of Rose Martin celebrating her 104th birthday and the wedding of her daughter Diana.
Through your columns may I add my congratulations to them both.
As I worked for the Cambs Times for 50 years, retiring in 1985, I knew Rose and Fred very well. When the printing was moved to Fengate, Peterborough, I was in the reading room and Rose was my copy holder.
I would give Rose a lift into Peterborough for lunch and pick her up at Bishop’s Road Gardens on my way back.
I have many happy memories of my 50 years working for your paper. I also knew Roger Green and his father Walter when he was editor of the Ely Standard (our sister title).
You may also want to watch:
MR CH WHITE
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused