Connor Hawes fundraiser: More than £5,400 raised after 80s music night and raffle
- Credit: Archant
A total of more than £5,400 has been raised in memory of local teenager Connor Hawes as part of a town’s ongoing fundraising efforts.
An event held at Ivy Leaf Club in Whittlesey over the weekend brings the JustGiving total close to £5,500, smashing the original £1,000 target.
Rachelle Oliver, Connor’s mum, said: “The event went really well, we took Connor’s photo and it was put at the front of the stage.
“There were a lot of restrictions, but we all managed. The total is £5012 with another £400 on the way from the bike ride.”
Colin Martin, event organiser, said: “Thank you to Ivy Leaf Club Whittlesey for hosting, Mark Smith and his amazing bar staff, such hard work to do.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to my daughter Heather Martin for raffle and helping and of course Amy for helping too.
“Ally Ward and Tim Lovett too, great lads and great singers.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
“Got to say both had the place bouncing, if people could, the dance floor would have been full.
“Thank you to all who supported night and those who brought raffle prizes and donated prizes.
“The PlayStation 4 was won by Sam Watson who purchased her tickets online and wheelbarrow of booze was one by Andy Gibson.
“Amount raised in total at moment stands at £5,400, thank you to all who donated online and last night. R.I.P Connor.”
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sleeptightconnor