Consultation begins on proposed £155,000 BMX/skate park at Chatteris recreation ground
- Credit: Archant
A BMX/skate park will be created at Wenny recreation ground, in Chatteris, as part of a £155,000 improvement scheme.
Consultation has started today on the proposed park, which could be up and running next summer.
Fenland District Council and Chatteris Town Council have been working with students from Cromwell Community College over the last 12 months to develop the scheme - and now want to encourage other youngsters to comment on the proposed final design.
The scheme is to provide the latest type of concrete BMX/skate park, known to be one of the quietest currently on the market.
Additional seating, signage and litter bins will be provided and there will be a footpath to link Wenny Road to The Elms estate.
A council spokesman said: “The cost of the project is expected to be about £155,000, which may be jointly funded by a WREN application and Section 106 (developer contribution) funding.
“If the project is approved and funding is secured, it is expected that the new park would be completed by summer 2015.”
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
Plans and details of the project, including the consultation, are available at the Chatteris Community Hub, Cromwell Community College, The King Edward Centre and Chatteris Town Council offices. Alternatively, the consultation can be completed online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/D6GFH5H
Consultation closes on October 24.