Coral braves the shave for cancer charity in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A massive £1,600 has been raised by a girl who braved the shave for Macmillan Cancer.
Coral Cranwell allowed the clippers to be taken to her locks and had it all chopped off to raise the funds.
She said: “Cancer affects so many people and can have devastating effects.
“My life has been touched by this disease a few times so I thought I would try to contribute something to this cause, in this awesome way.
“There’s something super exciting about shaving your head when you’re a girl, not the norm.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be shaving my hair off with clippers, not with a razor. Not sure about a shiny head!”
The event was held at the Ivy Leaf Club in Whittlesey where there was also a disco plus a large raffle with prizes donated by local shops and people.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover