Coral braves the shave for cancer charity in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A massive £1,600 has been raised by a girl who braved the shave for Macmillan Cancer.
Coral Cranwell allowed the clippers to be taken to her locks and had it all chopped off to raise the funds.
She said: “Cancer affects so many people and can have devastating effects.
“My life has been touched by this disease a few times so I thought I would try to contribute something to this cause, in this awesome way.
“There’s something super exciting about shaving your head when you’re a girl, not the norm.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be shaving my hair off with clippers, not with a razor. Not sure about a shiny head!”
The event was held at the Ivy Leaf Club in Whittlesey where there was also a disco plus a large raffle with prizes donated by local shops and people.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack