Cornerstone Practice in March to offer evening and weekend appointments
- Credit: Archant
Ninety thousand extra evening and weekend GP appointments are being made available to Cambridgeshire patients – including at the Cornerstone Practice in March.
Patients of the Elwyn Road surgery are able to make an advance appointment with their GP following a collaboration between the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and groups of local GP practices.
The extra appointments are being delivered to “make it easier for people to see a doctor or healthcare professional about routine, non-urgent medical issues”.
Dr Mark Sanderson, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) medical director, said: “Getting an appointment with your doctor or a nurse shouldn’t be stressful, time-consuming or put you off going at all.
“These extra appointment slots at evenings and weekends, over 90,000 a year, will make it easier for patients in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to look after their health by fitting in around their working and home lives.
You may also want to watch:
“To book an appointment contact the local GP surgery where you are registered. The receptionist there will offer you a time and confirm the location of the GP practice you will need to attend.”
“Appointments are available in the evenings and weekends and have to be booked in advance. They may not be available at the patients’ registered GP practice or with their regular GP, but at a surgery nearby.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“If you have an urgent medical concern, call NHS 111. Fully trained advisors are available 24/7 and will help direct you to the right service.”
Residents in Ely and the surrounding villages can contact the surgery they are registered with to make an advance appointment to attend at either Nuffield Road Medical Centre, Comberton Surgery, or St Mary’s Surgery.
Patients of any practice in the West Cambs Federation area can contact their local GP surgery to make an advance appointment. They will be offered an appointment at either: Acorn Surgery in Huntingdon, Buckden Surgery in Buckden and Cromwell Place Surgery in St. Ives.
Patients can check whether their GP surgery is part of the West Cambs Federation at www.westcambsfed.nhs.uk