Security guards turn people away from March Tesco
- Credit: Archant
Security guards were reportedly turning people away from Tesco in March this morning because the supermarket had reached full capacity so early.
It comes after photos posted on social media showed shoppers queueing around the car park at around 9am during the coronavirus lockdown.
One person who braved the queues said: “I was trying to shop for three households as they are isolating. “Security men at the top near the petrol station wouldn’t let you drive in at all. I will try again later.”
Another said: “I took one look at the queue and came away.
“Then I went to Sainsbury’s - there was a 10 minute queue and I got everything I needed, including toilet rolls.”
You may also want to watch:
It comes amid health and safety restrictions brought in by the UK government to try and stop the coronavirus from spreading.
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March