Coronavirus support group launched in the Fens is joined by more than 800 members in less than 24 hours amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Credit: Archant
An online support group has been launched in the Fens to support those in the community who have been affected by the on-going coronavirus pandemic.
The March & Surrounding Coronavirus Support Facebook group was set up less than 24 hours ago and has already got more than 830 members amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Offering advice, help and the occasional feel-good post to lighten the mood, dozens have taken to the group to ask for supplies or offer up theirs.
March resident Rebecca Garry, organiser, said: 'The group has been created for the people of March to help us support one another over the coming weeks and months.
'Please use the group to request help and advice, and to offer help, shopping, collecting prescriptions etc, phone call support for the lonely and whatever else you can offer.
You may also want to watch:
'We all need to come together to look after each other.'
To join the group, visit: www.facebook.com/groups/MarchCoronavirusSupport
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car