Could you be part of RSPCA Council?
The RSPCA Council comprises up to 25 volunteers elected to serve as the charity trustees, and it will soon be time for the annual elections. Fifteen national council members are elected by the whole RSPCA membership and serve for three years, retiring on
The RSPCA Council comprises up to 25 volunteers elected to serve as the charity trustees, and it will soon be time for the annual elections.
Fifteen national council members are elected by the whole RSPCA membership and serve for three years, retiring on a rotational basis. This year national members David Canavan, Sally Phillips, Jill Thompson, Elly Unmack and Angela Walder are due to retire and may seek re-election.
Charity trustees are responsible for the effective leadership and direction of the charity and decide on policy, strategy and allocation of funds.
RSPCA council members are expected to attend six day-long council meetings each year, together with other committee and working group meetings.
You may also want to watch:
Nomination forms for national council members, together with an information pack about the role can be obtained by e-mailing the RSPCA, calling 0300 123 0369 (council enquires only, the 24-hour cruelty and advice line number is 0300 1234 999) or writing to: Executive department, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 9RS.
To be eligible to apply you must have been an RSPCA member for at least five consecutive years immediately prior to nomination.
- 1 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 2 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 3 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 4 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 5 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 Motorist escapes serious injury after Sixteen Foot Bank crash
- 8 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 9 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 10 Drunk and disorderly man ‘ashamed and embarrassed’ after arrest
Closing date for completed nomination forms is Friday 14 March 14 (3pm).
Results will be announced at the society's annual meeting on Saturday June 28.