Could you be Queen for the day at the Wisbech Rose Fair parade?
- Credit: Archant
Rose Fair organisers are on a last minute drive to find a Queen for the day to head up the popular town parade.
A Wisbech Round Table spokesman: “Unfortunately, and due to circumstances entirely beyond our control, the request for Rose Queen applications never went out as we would normally expect.
“However, we know a lot of people see this as an integral part of the Rose Fair Parade, and rightly so. It wouldn’t be the Rose Fair without a Rose Queen.
“It was always the Fenland Citizen, not the organisers of the Rose Fair that took responsibility for the Rose Queen competition.
“This year, due to changes within the organisation they felt they were no longer able to support the competition – a decision that came a little late. “Hence, we have turned to social media for a quick response and I’m pleased to say that we have had plenty of applicants.
You may also want to watch:
“However, we could always do with more applicants.”
The Rose Fair parade is on July 5. There’s no entry fee and no entry forms - just send an email to email@example.com explaining in a few words why you would like to be Rose Queen, along with a photo and your address.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
The round table will also accept nominations from people who feel someone they know should be Rose Queen, but please make sure they are aware you have nominated them!
Closing date for entries is Wednesday June 11.