Could you write a poem for Fenland?
- Credit: Archant
The search is on to find Fenland’s next Poet Laureate.
A ADeC, Fen Speak, and Atelier East are proud to announce the Fenland Poet Laureate poetry competition for 2016.
This is a chance for all writers from across the Fens to come together and share their poetry and help put Fenland on the creative map! And best of all, it’s free to enter the competition.
”My year as Fenland Poet Laureate has opened up so many doors for me. It has also been enormous fun.” Jonathan Totman - Fenland Poet Laureate 2015
The competition organisers are looking for poems that represent and relate to the theme ‘Fenland’.
You may also want to watch:
Awards: First, second and third places will be awarded to three of the poets in both the adult (18+) category and the young (10-17) category.
Deadline for entry is midnight on Friday January 29 2016.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Your poem should be no longer than 40 lines, and typed on a single side of A4 paper. Please write your age in the top right-hand corner of the page (adults can just write ‘18+’) but do not write your name on your poem, as all poems will be judged anonymously.
All entrants must live, work, or study in the Fens.
One poem per entrant and it must be previously unpublished.
Please send your poem, along with a cover email with your name, email address, telephone number, address, age group entered (10-17, or 18+) and the title of the poem to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, pick up an entry form from your local library and post to: ADeC, The Babylon Gallery, Waterside, Ely CB7 4AU. Remember to include a separate covering letter with your contact information as above.
Fenland Poet Laureate Programme Coordinator