Could your dog join the cast of La Boheme?
- Credit: Archant
HAS your dog got star quality? If your pet pooch is the canine equivalent of Brad Pitt or Scarlett Johansson, then it could win a place in the spotlight in the beautiful and romantic opera La Boheme, coming to the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on October 6.
International soloists have been selected from across the world to join the celebrated Chisinau National Opera and Philharmonic Orchestra’s autumn tour – but there is still one part to be cast, the role of Muzetta’s pet dog.
Award-winning opera director and producer Ellen Kent said: “People say never work with children or animals but I love to do both. The first time was 20 years ago when my pet cat Holly Go-Lightly was in one of my productions and was an instant hit. Since then we’ve had horses, goldfish and even a golden eagle with a 6ft wingspan on stage.
“When we last did La Boheme and asked local people to volunteer their pets, it was a huge success. We even used a rescue dog once and found him dozens of new owners!
“We’re a nation of animal lovers after all. I’m sure there is plenty of doggie talent out there.”
You may also want to watch:
Your pet needs to be well behaved and small – and as his/her owner, you will need to be prepared to go on stage in costume to look after him or her.
To audition your dog, send a photograph to Sadie Williams at Sadie@ellenkent.co.uk.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
Please include your contact number and address as well as the breed, height, weight, age and name of your dog. If you are successful, we will contact you a week before the performance.