Council works with Wisbech plant growing company to promote apprenticeships
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND District Council has joined forces with Wisbech plant growers Delamore to provide career opportunities for young people.
FDC Council Leader Councillor Alan Melton and Delamore managing director Wayne Eady attended the National Horticultural Conference together in Birmingham to promote the company’s apprenticeship programme and training school.
Delamore currently have six apprentices on their programme, which aims to develop horticultural, Maths and English skills.
They will take on an additional six people later this year.
The company has secured £200,000 of funding from the Local Entreprise Partnership for the development of their training centre.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Melton said: “We recognise that the Horticultural and Propogation industry is a vital part of our Fenland economy.
“We are proud to have been able to help facilitate training opportunities for local students, which we hope will develop into a full time career.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend