Watering cans are donated to Councillor Jan French for Eastwood Cemetery in March
- Credit: Archant
Relatives and friends will be able to maintain their floral tributes beside gravestones in Eastwood Cemetery more easily after 15 watering cans were donated.
Mayor Councillor Jan French took the cans down after hearing how people struggled to water plants and had to take their own cans or bottles to the venue.
Cllr French said: “l would like to say an enormous thank you to Peter Wright and Phil Cole for the generous donation of 15 watering can for the use in Eastwood Cemetery.
“As the Mayor of March I was delighted to accept them and hope that they will not all disappear. Well done Peter and Phil.”
There are two taps in the cemetery where people fill up their own containers to water flowers and plants at grave sides.
You may also want to watch:
Now they will be able to borrow a proper watering can which will be stored on a rack next to the taps.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip