Councillor Julie Windle is new mayor of Whittlesey after Ralph Butcher steps down
- Credit: Archant
Councillor Julie Windle has been elected mayor of Whittlesey at the town’s annual council meeting and will replace Councillor Ralph Butcher.
Cllr Butcher has served as Whittlesey’s mayor for one year, raising money for local organisations and his chosen charities.
It was decided that Cllr Windle would become mayor until May 2019; her consort is her husband Robert Windle.
Susan C Piergianni, town clerk, said: “Everything our mayors do is to raise money and awareness for local charities and organisations and that’s what Councillor Windle wants to do.”
The deputy mayor will be Cllr David Mason and the deputy mayoress Ann Mason.
You may also want to watch:
This will be Cllr Windle’s fourth year as a councillor and first as mayor; she is already discussing which fundraising activities she will host throughout the year.
A civic service will be held this year as well as a dinner dance, duck race, coffee morning and a there are talks of a fashion show, all proceeds will go to Cllr Windle’s chosen charities.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire