Stanground South councillor Ray Bisby put forward for deputy Police and Crime Commissioner role
- Credit: Archant
A Peterborough councillor is set to become deputy police and crime commissioner.
Ray Bisby, councillor for Stanground South and vice chairman of the police and crime panel, was put forward for the £28,000-a-year role by Police and Crime Commissioner, Jason Ablewhite.
Cllr Bisby said: “I am keen to help Jason in the delivery of the Police and Crime Plan and ensure that the people of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough have a police service they value and have confidence in.”
The deputy commissioner’s role will be to support the commissioners in holding the police to account and driving forward the community safety agenda in the county.
Police and Crime Commissioner, Jason Ablewhite, said: “I have taken some time in deciding who to offer this important position to and Ray stood out as having the right experience and personal qualities.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to Ray joining me at a time of significant change within the police and across public services as a whole.”
The Police and Crime Commissioner is required to formally notify the crime panel of the proposed appointment and they will then be required to arrange a public confirmation hearing.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
Once the panel has considered the appointment, the commissioner can then make his formal decision.
A decision is set to be made before the end of next month.