Councillors getting some of their own medicine thanks to KFC’s sign
- Credit: Archant
WITH regard to the lovely red KFC sign (May 10).
I think it’s great some of our dear councillors are getting some of their own medicine.
With more than 45 places to eat in March, did we really need another food outlet?
The town is dying out. There are not enough people in our town centre for all of the eating places to survive.
KFC may have employed 40 staff, but I went in there and I don’t think any of them are local people.
With regards to the mayor of March’s comment of “this used to be open farmland”, did she get that quote from the residents of March North when they opposed to the hundreds of houses planned for the Estover Field?
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
- 10 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis