Councillors unite to argue for improved safety on A141 near March following spate of accidents
- Credit: Archant
Councillors called today for an urgent review of safety on the A141 near March following a spate of collisions.
County and district councillor Dave Connor said he had been warning for sometime that more needed to be done to improve safety for drivers along this stretch of road.
“Both Councillor Maureen Davies and I have an email trail outlining our concerns but nothing has been done,” he said.
It was a view echoed by Councillor Jan French, whose Westry home fronts the A141 on the outskirts of March.
She told the county council today:” There have been three accidents on the A141 today.
You may also want to watch:
“I understand work is being carried out and several residents express concerns about it some time ago.
“Apparently Cllr Connor spoke to officers about to his some weeks ago but still nothing has been done.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
In her email to the county council she added: “The Wimblington turn needs looking at with regards to smart lights being installed. There have been several RTC’s on this stretch of the road. Can you let me have some feedback and on this please?”
The A141 Wimblington junction has reopened following a two vehicle crash this morning.
A silver Ford Fiesta and blue/green Vauxhall Corsa were involved in the collision, which happened at around 8am. Luckily, no one was injured.
Several ambulances, at least two fire engines and police officers attended the incident.
Police closed the road at both directions due to the incident. Manea Road onto the A141 was also closed because of traffic.
The county council has been approached for a response.