Country File star to appear at charity family fun day in Fenland
TV star Adam Henson will make a guest appearance at a charity family fun day in Fenland next month.
The Country File and Lambing Live presenter will be judging the fancy dress competition and mingling with the crowds at the event at Woodhouse Farm Park in Friday Bridge.
The day, on Monday May 2, organised by the farm park and Wisbech Rotary Club will be raising money for Help for Heroes and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Falconry encounters, storytelling, dancing girls, fairground stalls, pig racing, pony rides and sheep shearing are just a number of the exciting activities planned alongside the usual animal attractions at the farm.
Kim Flint, Woodhouse Park Farm owner, said: “The charities Help for Heroes and EACH are close to many people’s hearts and the prizes donated for the raffle have been incredibly generous
“Draw tickets are �1 in advance with the first prize being �250. However, in my opinion the second prize is even better as a kind businessman has offered a plane fight over the Fens.
“The event is growing by the day because so many people want to be involved, and all the animals are producing lambs, piglets, chicks etc so they are doing their bit to make it a wonderful day.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
“We want people to have a fun time raising money for two very serious and genuine causes and start to put the Fens back on the map.”
Home-made cakes and refreshments will be served and a BBQ will be held for those who have worked up an appetite. The new wedding brew from Elgood’s will also be served in the beer tent.
Tickets cost �7.50 for an adult and �6 for children under the age of 12. For more information contact: 01945 860309 or e-mail email@example.com