Country File star to appear at charity family fun day in Fenland
TV star Adam Henson will make a guest appearance at a charity family fun day in Fenland next month.
The Country File and Lambing Live presenter will be judging the fancy dress competition and mingling with the crowds at the event at Woodhouse Farm Park in Friday Bridge.
The day, on Monday May 2, organised by the farm park and Wisbech Rotary Club will be raising money for Help for Heroes and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Falconry encounters, storytelling, dancing girls, fairground stalls, pig racing, pony rides and sheep shearing are just a number of the exciting activities planned alongside the usual animal attractions at the farm.
Kim Flint, Woodhouse Park Farm owner, said: “The charities Help for Heroes and EACH are close to many people’s hearts and the prizes donated for the raffle have been incredibly generous
You may also want to watch:
“Draw tickets are �1 in advance with the first prize being �250. However, in my opinion the second prize is even better as a kind businessman has offered a plane fight over the Fens.
“The event is growing by the day because so many people want to be involved, and all the animals are producing lambs, piglets, chicks etc so they are doing their bit to make it a wonderful day.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
“We want people to have a fun time raising money for two very serious and genuine causes and start to put the Fens back on the map.”
Home-made cakes and refreshments will be served and a BBQ will be held for those who have worked up an appetite. The new wedding brew from Elgood’s will also be served in the beer tent.
Tickets cost �7.50 for an adult and �6 for children under the age of 12. For more information contact: 01945 860309 or e-mail email@example.com