County council hopeful 6th annual LGBT adoption and fostering week will help meet current demand for foster carers in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire County Council is hoping the 6th annual LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) Adoption and Fostering Week will help meet the current need to find more foster carers in the county.
LGBT Adoption and Fostering Week runs from March 6 to 12. It aims to reach potential adoptive parents and foster carers with information about how they can make a difference to the lives of children and young people in care.
The week is organised by New Family Social, a national charity run by LGBT adopters and foster carers for families and families-to-be.
Councillor Joan Whitehead, chairman of Cambridgeshire County Council’s Children and Young People’s Committee, said: “We are delighted to be supporting this campaign and hope it will help reinforce the message that we encourage applications from the LGBT community.
“We look forward to hearing from more people who are interested in finding out more about this rewarding role.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire County Council runs regular information events for potential foster carers.
The next event takes place from 10am to midday on Wednesday March 15 at Hereward Hall, County Road, March, PE15 8NE.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
To book your place, or find out more information about fostering please, call 0800 052 0078 or visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/fostering. If you are interested in adoption, please call Coram Cambridgeshire Adoption on 0300 123 1093 or visit www.coramcambridgeshireadoption.org.uk.