Couple celebrate 40 years of marriage by donating new feature to Chatteris Christmas Lights
A COUPLE have celebrated their ruby wedding anniversary by donating a new feature to Chatteris Christmas Lights.
Reg and Jane Tibbitts have donated a pair of robins to the lights display after deciding not to spend money on traditional gifts when celebrating their 40 years of marriage.
Reg said: “Even before we came to Chatteris to live we always admired the annual lighting display and wanted to help.”
“Now I am Treasurer for the Lighting Committee I am more aware of the hard work done by the volunteers and the need for regular funds to be raised.”
The new feature will soon be on display above the gardens at the corner of Huntingdon Road.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on volunteering with the Lighting Committee contact the Chairman, Chris Savill, on 07528596281 or visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early