Couple tied up and robbed by four masked men at their Cambridgeshire village home last night
- Credit: Archant
A couple were tied up and robbed of cash and a watch by four masked men in a Cambridgeshire village last night.
The aggravated burglary took place at about 10.30pm last night at the property in High Street, Pidley.
A police spokesman said: “Four men, all wearing black balaclavas, forced their way in through a rear door and tied up a man and a woman, who are in their 60s, with cable.
“A third elderly female relative was also present but was not tied up.”
One of the burglars, who were holding a screwdriver and crowbar, stayed with the victims and demanded money.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “They eventually made off with cash and a watch.
“The only other description of the men is they were wearing light clothing.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
DC Andy Bond, who is investigating, said he was particularly keen to speak to anyone who had seen a dark Jaguar car in the area at the time.
He said: “This was a cowardly crime, which must have been terrifying for the elderly victims.
“I would urge anyone who was in the area to consider if they saw or heard anything suspicious.
“Any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could help bring these people to justice.”
Contact DC Bond on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.